‘Pupils feel safe and their behaviour is outstanding.’
Parental/Guardian Consent Form
We are sending you this parental consent form to both inform you and to request permission for your child’s photo/image to be published on the school’s web site/Moodle and inform you of responsible internet use.
As you are aware, there are potential dangers associated with the posting of personally identifiable information on a web site since global access to the Internet does not allow us to control who may access such information. These dangers have always existed; however, we as schools do want to celebrate your child and his/her work. The law requires that we ask for your permission to publish photos about your child.
The school has previously adopted an opt-in consent policy but this has proved to be onerous and difficult to manage. Instead every year the school will write to you to ask if you would like to withdraw your consent for internet/photo use.
Virtual Tour – ICT Room
If you, as the parent or guardian, wish to rescind this agreement, you may do so at any time in writing by sending a letter to the Head Teacher school and such rescission will take effect upon receipt by the school.
Responsible Internet Use
These rules help us to be fair to others and keep everyone safe.
- I will ask permission before using the internet.
- I will use only my own network login and password, which is secret.
- I will only look at or delete my own files.
- I understand that I must not bring software, disks or memory cards into school without permission.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved.
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible.
- I understand that I must never give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone.
- I will ask for permission before opening an e-mail or an e-mail attachment sent by someone I do not know.
- I will not use internet chat, SMS messenger, Facebook or other forms of social media.
- I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and the internet sites I visit.
- I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I may not be allowed to use the internet or computers.
I have read and I understand the school Rules for Responsible Internet Use. I will use the computer system and Internet in a responsible way and obey these rules at all times.
Parent’s Consent for Internet Access
I have read and understood the school rules for responsible internet use and give permission for my son / daughter to access the internet. I understand that the school will take all reasonable precautions to ensure pupils cannot access inappropriate materials. I understand that the school cannot be held responsible for the nature or content of materials accessed through the internet. I agree that the school is not liable for any damages arising from use of the internet facilities.
Parent’s Consent for Web Publication of Work and Photographs
I agree that, if selected, my son/daughter’s work may be published on the School website/Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). I also agree that photographs that include my son/daughter may be published subject to the school rules that photographs will not clearly identify individuals and that full names will not be used.