‘Pupils feel safe and their behaviour is outstanding.’
Aims and Values
Wilkes Green Junior school aims for our pupils to:
- Develop lively and inquiring minds
- Question and debate rationally
- Apply themselves diligently to tasks
- Use language and numbers effectively
- Understand the world in which they live
- Experience success and achievement
- Progress to the full extent of their ability
- Be aware of equal opportunities for all and develop their talents irrespective of gender, religion, ethnic origin or family circumstances
At Wilkes Green Junior School we are a caring community working together for quality and success in education for all our pupils.
- We seek to develop in each child a sense of responsibility and self discipline.
- We want our pupils to develop an ability to co-operate with and relate to adults and other children.
- We strive to develop in our pupils the ability to work independently and with self motivation, engendering a sense of positive self esteem.
- We encourage our pupils to constantly develop their physical skills and increase their range of academic skills and knowledge.
- We continually prepare our children for future school experiences and adult life.
- We endeavour to prepare our pupils to live and work successfully within a multi-cultural society and to value and contribute to the communities of which they are a part.