‘Pupils feel safe and their behaviour is outstanding.’
Our new dining hall was launched on Friday 9th October 2009. It was named by one of our pupils following a competition that was held at the school. The theme for our new dining hall was inspired by the name ‘International Diner’.
Children and staff are enjoying the “new look” environment.
Importance of school Dinners
“More should be done to spread the message that eating a healthy school meal is a great foundation for a kid’s education and future health”
The school works in close partnership with the catering service, governors and parents to ensure we provide a good quality lunch because we all know that eating well is important for children’s health and well-being and a balanced lunch will help your child concentrate better during lessons.
Healthier eating linked with regular exercise is important for children as they grow up and we know how important it is that there is a “whole school approach” and by working together the changes will benefit children’s health.
School Online Payment System
We are pleased to let you know that the school provides an online payment system which we would encourage you to use to pay for school meals and other school activities. We hope that you will find paying in this way more convenient and from our perspective it will save us time as well as reduce the chances of money being lost or stolen.
We use a system known as ‘SIMS Agora’ which is very easy-to-use and will offer you the flexibility to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – safe in the knowledge that payments are secure with the highest level of card security and that funds will reach the school safely.
Getting started with SIMS Agora online payments
- Please have your child’s unique Agora activation reference to hand (available from the school office). If you have more than one child at school, each will have their own activation reference, but once set-up, you will be able to merge accounts.
- To access SIMS Agora you will need a Microsoft account. You can use an existing account if you already have one, or create a new one online – they are free, very easy to setup and you can use any email address and password. To get a Microsoft account please go to: https://signup.live.com
- Please login to SIMS Agora from the school website or access payyourschool.co.uk
- Follow the simple online instructions to activate your account.
- You will receive a confirmation email – once you have clicked the link in the email you will be able to make payments for school items straight away.
You can find information and advice about a range of subjects here:
- Government food standards – find out more about the government’s nutritional guidelines for healthy school meals
- Free school meals – find out about entitlement to and applying for free school meals
Register for free school meals to help out the school
If your child is eligible for free school meals, it’s worth registering them even if they’re not going to have the school lunch. This is because schools receive a ‘Pupil Premium’ – an extra payment for each eligible child which they can spend on useful services. Registering might also get you extra help for things like music lessons or school trips.
School Dinners Procedures
- A vegetarian and non-vegetarian meal is provided.
- Dinner money is £2.30 a day.
- Toast facility is also available at morning break at a cost of 20p a day.
Dinner and toast money is collected on Monday morning, or the first day of return to school after a school holiday. A daily register is kept of pupils requiring a school dinner. If your child is absent please send dinner money on the first day they return.
Cheques should be made payable to “Birmingham City Council”. Please send cheques or cash in a sealed envelope marked “Dinner Money” or “Toast Money” and bearing your child’s name and class. The money should be sent in separate envelopes containing the correct amount as change is not always possible.
If dinner money is not paid on a regular basis then the school meal facility may be withdrawn and parents will have to make alternative arrangements.
Pupils who remain at school during the dinner break must not leave the school grounds without permission from the Head Teacher.
Packed lunches may only be brought after permission has been given following a meeting between the parent and the Headteacher. We have a detailed packed lunch policy, which must be strictly followed. Details are available from the school.
Pupils who go home for their dinner should not be on the school premises before 12.50pm.